The Plastic Problem
World Environment is the day for people (and pets) to do something for the planet. This year’s focus is plastic pollution. You can’t go through the day without encountering plastic. In fact, 50% of the plastic people around the world use is single use. With one million plastic drinking bottles purchased every minute around the globe, it adds up quickly.
Our friends in the ocean are being caught in disposable grocery bags. Single-use plastic straws wind up in the ocean, getting stuck in turtle’s noses. No one wants their friends to suffer.
We’re pleased to announce our participation in World Environment Day this year.
Otis and I are doing our part to reduce plastic pollution.
Taking Pawsitive Action
World Environment Day is a day to take action and form new habits to help nature. We’ve come up with some simple actions you can take for the June 5th event, and you can implement them into daily life.
- Bring your own canvas or cotton bags to the grocery store.
- Pack your lunches and leftovers in glass containers or fabric wraps.
- Skip disposable plastic utensils. Enjoy silverware instead. If you must use disposable, stick to corn or bamboo utensils.
- Recycle as much plastic as possible. Clean the inside, remove labels and glue from single-use packaging and take it to the local recycle center.
- Look at how much plastic you use in a day. See if you can make any reductions.
- Pick up plastic you see on your walkies with your best friend.
- Share any of your own solutions online with #BeatPlasticPollution
Treats for You
Chopper & Otis strives to offer eco-friendly products. We have two suppliers who are standouts at the recycling effort.
For World Environment Day 2018, we are offering a special deal on Cycle Dog and Planet Dog Recycle toys. If you buy two toys, you get one free! Enter code WED2FOR1 at checkout or use this link to order now. Your best friend will love you for your Earth-friendly efforts (and the fun toys)!
Until next time--