Otis here. The holiday season wouldn’t be complete without fresh-baked goods. Chopper and I have a delicious and versatile recipe to share with you. We can have a cookie tray of our own too!
This recipe was developed special for our friends. You probably have most of these ingredients on hand, so it’s easy to whip out a batch of soft and tasty holiday snacks for your four-legged buddies when you’re in the mood to bake.
Pupper Mix & Match Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup total of canned pumpkin, cooked sweet potato, peanut butter*, mashed banana or coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup applesauce or stock (vegetable, chicken, beef, pork or turkey)
- Mix ingredients. Roll dough into a ball, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll dough to ¼” thick. Use cookie cutters to cut festive shapes.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes for small cookies (1.5”) or 10 minutes for larger cookies (2.5”).
- Cool on baking rack before sharing with your pupper.
*Make sure your peanut butter contains no xylitol, an artificial sweetener that is toxic to dogs.
Whatever you celebrate this winter, we hope you and yours enjoy lots of playtime. Let the fun and games begin!
Until next time--